1stop4trades Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with number 8854324 whose registered office is at 6 Highfield Park, Haslingden, Rossendale, Lancashire BB4 4BH (we) and we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Andrew Lyons of 1stop4trades Ltd, 6 Highfield Park, Haslingden, Rossendale, Lancashire BB4 4BH. Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Andrew Lyons.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, or by making a contact request. This includes your name, email address and telephone number, together with the other information provided at the time of using our website or our services or making contact with us. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our website. We may send you marketing information which may be of interest to you from time to time (see ‘Uses made of the information’ below for further details).
- If you contact us, or provide us with feedback, we may keep a record of that correspondence. We occasionally take steps to ensure that feedback we receive is genuine, and we may contact you for this purpose.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of searches you carry out through our website and the results of those searches.
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our UK-based secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website and therefore any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. If you lose your password, please contact us immediately on 07815 605 486 or e mail us at, firstname.lastname@example.org.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with marketing information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by e-mail, SMS or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If 1STOP4TRADES Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at 1stop4trades Ltd, 6 Highfield Park, Haslingden, Rossendale, Lancashire BB4 4BH, or by email at email@example.com.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
TERMS OF WEBSITE USE
INFORMATION ABOUT US
www.1stop4trades.com is a site operated by 1stop4trades Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales with number 8854324 whose registered office is at 6 Highfield Park, Haslingden, Rossendale, Lancashire BB4 4BH (we).
ACCESSING OUR SITE
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our site, or our entire site, to users who have registered with us.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us.
RELIANCE ON INFORMATION POSTED
Commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
OUR SITE CHANGES REGULARLY
We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
INFORMATION ABOUT YOU AND YOUR VISITS TO OUR SITE
UPLOADING MATERIAL TO OUR SITE
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to provide feedback to us or to upload material to our site, or to make contact with the businesses listed on our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our acceptable use policy. You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
Any material you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of our site.
We have the right to remove any material or posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with the content standards set out in our acceptable use policy.
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards below.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of these terms of website use.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and Termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy constitutes a material breach of these terms of website use upon which you are permitted to use our site, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
VIRUSES, HACKING AND OTHER OFFENCES
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
LINKING TO OUR SITE
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to make any use of material on our site other than that set out above, please address your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
LINKS FROM OUR SITE
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our site.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site, please contact email@example.com.
Thank you for visiting our site.
When becoming a member of 1stop4trades.com (the Website) you must also agree to the following terms:
- Trades people agree that the information they provide is complete, accurate and not misleading or untrue in anyway.
- It is the trade’s person’s responsibility to update any changes on their profile or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help.
- Any trades person that portray themselves as being affiliated or connected to accredited body should only do so if their membership or qualifications are still in date and active.
- Trades people must have valid public liability insurance, membership of applicable trade bodies and qualifications as required by law.
- Any fraudulent use of this Website to mislead members of the public will result in termination of membership and could lead to legal action.
- Membership registration is for single user only, on registration you will be allocated a user name and password (ID) you are responsible for all use and service using your ID and for preventing unauthorised use of your ID.
- You agree to indemnify us for any loss we suffer as a result of any action brought against us as a result of your entry on the Website, the material contained therein or any service or product supplied by you.
- We do not accept any liability for any feedback posted on the Website from people who engage you through the Website.
From February 2016 members agree to pay 1stop4trades.com a membership fee of either £10 per month or £100 per year. Payment can be made using the online payment system ‘Stripe’ through the Website.
After February 2016 Membership fees will be payable on the date of your registration with 1Stop4trades.com and is due on a monthly or yearly basis from the date of your first payment. 1Stop4trades.com do not store or retain credit or debit card details, or provide any refunds for money already paid.
Membership can be cancelled at anytime by sending an email to email@example.com giving 1 months notice.
You agree to receive receipts / invoices by email to the email address you provide us, unless you state you wish to have a paper copy. It is your responsibility to ensure we have the correct email address and or postal address.
1Stop4trades will send you receipts every 3 months for those members who pay on a monthly basis and a yearly receipt to those members who pay yearly.
Non payment will terminate membership and your details will be removed from the Website.
CHANGES TO OUR MEMBERSHIP FEES
Any changes we may make to our membership fees, payment terms, or payment policy in the future will be posted on this page. Members will be notified in advanced by email of any changes.
TERMINATION OF SERVICE
You agree that 1stop4trades has the right (but not the obligation), to cancel or deactivate your account, withdrawn your right to use our site and remove any posting or material uploaded by you to our site, for any reason, including without limitation if 1stop4trades.com believes that you have acted inconsistently and or breached the terms and conditions.
All Users of the Website understand that any use of profanity, libellous behaviour, illegal activity, or any other form of abuse of the feedback function or any other part of the website may be banned from further use and if applicable, reported to the authorities.
You agree that customers can leave feedback for work you carried out. All trades people will be subject to feedback evaluations from customers, and thereby understand that 1Stop4trades.com is not responsible or liable for the evaluation content that customers post, or any harm done by such content.
When you become a member of the Website you will be given feedback sheets from us to give to your customers, when you have completed the job ask them to fill this out, seal it in the envelope provided and send it back to us.
In most cases it will be the tradesperson responsibility to send theses back to us to make sure the details get onto our website. Alternatively you can leave the feedback sheet with the customer and give them the option of leaving feedback online or posting it to us.
The customer who posts the feedback in reference to a trade’s person is directly responsible for his or her written feedback. In some exceptional circumstances, 1stop4trades.com may remove feedback, but only at its sole discretion. Likewise, any Customer of the website who posts feedback in reference to a trade’s person is responsible for its accuracy and legality.
We reserve the right to contact any customer who submitted feedback to confirm the authenticity of their feedback if we cannot confirm the authenticity we may remove the feedback from the website.
1stop4trades.com provides a service that advertises and promotes local businesses through the Website in specified categories of trade in the Rossendale and surrounding areas that are recommended by their customers.
It is important to us to provide a service that supports local people.
We do not provide or charge for any job leads.
We will promote our Website through social media sites, and advertise in other areas other than the internet to reach a wide range of customers.
We will use reasonable skill and care in making the Website available to you and in ensuring its availability during your membership with us.
We accept no liability for any transactions which take place between you or your customers and any third party, nor do we accept any responsibility or liability for any loss suffered by you or by any of your customers or any other person arising out of your entry on the Website, however caused.
If there is a dispute between users on this Website, or between users and any third party, you agree that 1stop4trades.com is under no obligation to become involved.
There is a page for businesses to advertise by posting a logo and link to their own website if they have one; this is paid for yearly in advance. Businesses do not need to be members or listed on our directory to take advantage of this service.
We have the right to remove any advertisements that we feel are not deemed appropriate for the website, if we choose to remove any advertisements we will contact you to explain why and offer you a refund. There may be an admin fee to remove any advert that is deemed not appropriate, if in doubt please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org before placing your advertisement and give us a description of the business you wish to advertise.